The metatarsal bones of the foot are the five long bones that run from the mid-foot, down to the toes. When the joints between these long bones and toes become swollen and painful, it is called metatarsalgia.
Understanding the symptoms and causes of metatarsalgia can help individuals in taking better care of their feet.
The big toe joint is built to support approximately 60% of one’s bodyweight, with the other 40% falling to the four smaller joints.
When poor foot posture causes excess weight to fall on the smaller joints, it creates swelling and pain of the joints and bursae in the area.
In order to detect metatarsalgia, your healthcare provider will examine your foot and ask you questions about your lifestyle and the symptoms.
The most effective treatment for metatarsalgia is correcting foot posture to enable the proper distribution of weight to the feet.
If you have metatarsalgia, consider purchasing MASS4D® Ready to Wear Insoles. These foot insoles will help restore the proper position of your feet to improve balance, and allow pain-free movement of the toes.
Copyright 2018 MASS4D® All rights reserved.
People often wonder if there’s a cure for flat feet. While it is tempting to seek out a permanent solution for the condition, it helps to know which treatment is the most effective in getting results.
Rehabilitation of Your Foot and Lower Back Conditions.
Long Lasting Wear
Strong Foot Support
Easy to use
Handmade MASS4D® Quality
Sign up for free recommended foot exercises, stretching, medical news and everything good for your feet
Please have a a look at our medical reviews and clinical articles on everything about lower biomechanics.
You should always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding personal health or medical conditions.
The content, products and services offered herein, are here to educate consumers on healthcare and medical issues that may affect their daily lives. Nothing in the content, products or services should be considered, or used as a substitute for, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This site and its services do not constitute the practice of any medical, nursing or other professional healthcare advice, diagnosis or treatment.
The marks "MASS4D" and the MASS4D logo are trademarks. The content and design of MASS4D.com is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, display, transmit or frame any of these materials without prior written consent from MASS4D®.
The content, products or services on this site should not be considered or used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and is not intended to provide individual medical advice. Included materials and conversations do not imply a personalised doctor-patient relationship.
Copyright and Intellectual property
MASS4D® is owned and operated by Scheibye General Trading LLC - Licence no: 853463
MASS4D® and Logo are registered trademarks of MASS4D Inc. All content, trademarks, artwork, and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of MASS4D® Inc.